Thursday, February 28, 2013

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE

Whoever said "Time is of the essence" really had it comin'. Today I've been thinking back on time...just things that have gone on in my life and those lives around me just within the past two years. I honestly cannot believe that two years have come and gone. That may sound silly but really. Noticing the accomplishments, sorrows, pain, happiness, and grateful hearts of me and my family and friends it's incredible to think of what we have gone through. Time changes events and lives drastically, but it's always for the better. 

Thinking back two years ago I was in my junior year in high school, was struggling to find a balance in my life as I was figuring out what I could do for my sick mama. I remember how my family became so much closer than ever before. I began to realize how important family was to me. It was something I started telling myself I would NEVER take advantage of because they're the ones who will always be with you in the end. Friends can come and go but family stays by your side. But with these past two years we've gained family members, lost our mommy, had graduations, weddings, pregnancies, births, mission calls, sister moving out, better jobs, vacations, traditions continued, responsibility, grateful hearts, a reality of how important an eternal family is, etc. It's amazing what life brings to you. Through all of this we are blessed immensely. Truly the Lord has a plan for each of us. And life does go on...










 Life truly is an adventure. Quite frankly, I love mine so far. Times get tough but there are so many things that I can be grateful for and so happy about. Granted, there are things that I am still working on, but aren't we all? One of my biggest goals this year is to find out more about myself and those around me, and to be happy about what my life offers me. Truly the hymn "Count Your Many Blessings" can be sung each day and can be applied to each of us. "Count your many blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

3 comments: